Medical Specialty >> Orthopedics

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/01/2017.

Forum Name: Bone trauma and fractures

Question: Post boxers fracture - tingling and tendon protruding

MikeW - Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:06 pm

Hi there

I found this site for another reason, but while i'm here i'd like to ask about this if I may..

I had a boxers fracture, needed rebreaking after it healed as it was out of tolerance - I had a GA for the rebreak and they used a cast to realign it. That was about 18 months ago.

Since then, particularly in last 3 months at work (desk job) I get tingling in the affected "little finger" which extends down my hand. The tendon associated with that finger protrudes, and can be a little tender.

My questions are, a) i'm assuming its not norma? b) what could be done about it, aside from resetting c) Was the previous fix inadequate?

Thanks
Mike

Pic: Image
 MikeW - Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:28 am

Any advice would be appreciated please - I should go to a dr really I guess. The tingling is getting worse and interfering with my work (typing).

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us