Medical Specialty >> Orthopedics

Question: deformed big toe following injury

soozie - Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:27 am

Im female, 28. 6 years ago I bashed my big toe very hard when on holiday, into a hidden rock in the sand when i was running across it. i was on a very small island so I just had to grit my teeth. the pain went away but now my big toe grows in at a very funny angle towards my other toes and there is a big, pointy lump on the middle knuckle that hurts to touch. i bashed my toe again this weekend and now it is mildly painful when i walk. I don't know if it is worth going to the doctors if there is nothign that can be done?
 Theresa Jones, RN - Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:35 am

User avatar Hi soozie,
The great toe plays a large part with balance, has a definitive role in weight bearing. Fractures of the great toe are typically treated. I would suggest an evaluation.