Medical Specialty >> Orthopedics

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/01/2017.

Forum Name: Bone trauma and fractures

Question: deformed big toe following injury

soozie - Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:27 am

Im female, 28. 6 years ago I bashed my big toe very hard when on holiday, into a hidden rock in the sand when i was running across it. i was on a very small island so I just had to grit my teeth. the pain went away but now my big toe grows in at a very funny angle towards my other toes and there is a big, pointy lump on the middle knuckle that hurts to touch. i bashed my toe again this weekend and now it is mildly painful when i walk. I don't know if it is worth going to the doctors if there is nothign that can be done?
 Theresa Jones, RN - Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:35 am

User avatar Hi soozie,
The great toe plays a large part with balance, has a definitive role in weight bearing. Fractures of the great toe are typically treated. I would suggest an evaluation.
Sincerely,
Theresa Jones, RN

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us