Medical Specialty >> Orthopedics

Question: Knee

sslccop - Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:10 am

I am a 36 yo male with a bad right knee. In 2001 I dislocated my right knee inward and developed a reoccurring patella subluxation. I had a medial reefing, Lateral release and exstensor realignment to correct the problem. It worked for about 8 months and then the problem started again. I had a second surgury in Jan 2002 and I have not had any major problems since. I do have occasional pain from cartilage loss but that is about all.

Last weel I fell on the ice and I landed on my right knee. Actually I landed with my rearend on my right foot with my knee and leg bent and under me. I initially felt a small pop, not loud or painful, but I could not put weight on it. In a few minutes I was able to walk on it, but with pain. Since that time the pain has persisted and at times it is bad. The pain is not located where my first injury was, but on the outside of my knee below the joint. There is no swelling or discoloration. My knee also does not seem to be unstable. I have been walking and moving with pain but no other issues.

Do you have any idea what this could be?
 Theresa Jones, RN - Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:41 am

User avatar Hi sslccop,
I certainly hope you had an evaluation by your physician along with some diagnostic studies/MRI. For example, when there is an injury to the meniscus in the knee a popping noise may be experienced. Symptoms may include pain, swelling, stiffness, etc. An evaluation would identify if this is the cause of your symptoms.