Medical Specialty >> Orthopedics

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/01/2017.

Forum Name: Spinal problems and back pain

Question: Upper back tingling

matthew111 - Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:56 pm

Hello, since december of 05 I experienced some upper to mid back pain, I couldn't keep an upright posture without serious pain and had to slouch forward or get relief from using a chair with a back rest. Since then the pain has pretty much gone, every now and then I will get a bit of aching in the area near the left shoulder blade. My main concern is the tingling that I get everyday when I use my left arm... even when I pick up a simple object like a cup I get this tingling (no pain) near my shoulder blade.

I start doing yoga but am unsure if I should continue... I thought the problem was probably due to sitting at the computer for many hours everyday and getting little exercise (weakened / tight back muscles).

Is this likely because of bad posture or something? I have no memory of getting an injury, this just came on sometime late last year.

Thanks

Matt
 Schitzo - Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:57 pm

I had pretty similar symptoms. For me it was in my mid upper back, more to one side. I'd get the numbness and tingling. I still get it, and it still bothers me. I went to see my dr. about it, and they told me it likely was a pinched nerve, and that there's really not a whole lot they can do. he suggested i continue to exercise, so your yoga should be fine. Bad posture is likely the culprit! (was for me anyway)

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us