Medical Specialty >> Orthopedics

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/01/2017.

Forum Name: Bone trauma and fractures

Question: Sternum Lump?

paul0801 - Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:49 pm

Hi, Im a 26 year old Male, I have no notable medical probelms or history. I have had this "lump" about the size of a nickle on the lower left center of my sternum. It is not painful, and you can vaugly see it when I have my shirt off. I have read many things, from lymph nodes to watever. I asked my Dr. about it a couple years back, and he didn't really show any concern. It really hasn't grown either. Any suggestions or thoughts on this? Should I really be concerned? I have a tendancy to worry about nothing.
 medic - Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:09 pm

User avatar Hi Paul0801

I have a similar thing on the left of my sternum, my doctor siad it wasn't really anything to worry about. however i would recomend you see your family GP if:

It begins to bruise/ go a deep purple
an open sore or ulcer develops
if it looks/feels as if surrounded in fluid

I hope this is of help to you and helps in reassurung you

Yours Sincerly

Medic
 paul0801 - Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:14 pm

Thanks for the advise...much appreciated!

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us