Medical Specialty >> Orthopedics

Question: Sternum Lump?

paul0801 - Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:49 pm

Hi, Im a 26 year old Male, I have no notable medical probelms or history. I have had this "lump" about the size of a nickle on the lower left center of my sternum. It is not painful, and you can vaugly see it when I have my shirt off. I have read many things, from lymph nodes to watever. I asked my Dr. about it a couple years back, and he didn't really show any concern. It really hasn't grown either. Any suggestions or thoughts on this? Should I really be concerned? I have a tendancy to worry about nothing.
 medic - Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:09 pm

User avatar Hi Paul0801

I have a similar thing on the left of my sternum, my doctor siad it wasn't really anything to worry about. however i would recomend you see your family GP if:

It begins to bruise/ go a deep purple
an open sore or ulcer develops
if it looks/feels as if surrounded in fluid

I hope this is of help to you and helps in reassurung you

Yours Sincerly

Medic
 paul0801 - Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:14 pm

Thanks for the advise...much appreciated!