Medical Specialty >> Orthopedics

Forum Name: Spinal problems and back pain

Question: Terrible Lower back pain

gh1209 - Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:59 pm

I'm a 23 year old female with no previous history of anything. For the past month i have had lower back pain on one side of my spine. a few days ago it got really bad. Now it hurts on either side of the spine and it really hurts when i push in in that area. I cant sleep at night bec i cant find a comfortable positon.

I don't have any symptoms except the terrible lower back pain.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Wed May 30, 2007 3:23 pm

User avatar Pain along the sides of the spine that is worse with pressure is often due to lower back muscle strains. Often, rest, heat, and anti-inflammatory medicines (e.g. ibuprofen) as needed often will help.

You may also want to see your doctor about getting some physical therapy that can be very helpful in these situations.