Medical Specialty >> Orthopedics

Question: fell off 8ft ladder onto back

cats51_ - Thu May 03, 2007 5:56 pm

Helen Schwb
42/f/broken tailbonenaproxen,vicaden,etoldolac,tizanidine,hydrocodone,cephalexin,tramadol,lidoderm patches,

I fell off a 8ft ladder a year ago. I have been on different meds. I had therapy for 3 days. I I did end of breaking my tailbone. My tailbone is fine. My lower back still hurts. I had a MRI,and bone scan. Nothing serious showed. The pain I have is a dull ache at times going into a stabbing pain. Its mainly in one spot in my back but it feels like a very bruised bone. When this happens at the pain goes from my back to my rear and straight down my left leg. I can walk for about 15 to 20 mins. before my leg aches or goes numb. The MRI showed no nerve damage. I was told that you can have nerve damage and the test wont show. It is considered chronic back pain or nuero(something) I forget the name. I was wondering if it is true that staright forward therapy or even an epideral could help me.
Thank You
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Fri May 04, 2007 2:47 pm

User avatar Your symptoms are very consistent with nerve issues such as a pinched nerve. Physical therapy can often be helpful with this.

If you are having continued pain you may wish to see a neurologist for some nerve studies to determine which nerve is affected and see if there is a good treatment plan for you.