Medical Specialty >> Orthopedics

Forum Name: Spinal problems and back pain

Question: Back pain and golf

JackReal - Mon May 14, 2007 11:53 am

Hi

I'm a 44 years old male and I have back pain when I play golf and walk (as opposed to when I use a cart). Also, the base of my shoes is more used on the outside than the inside. Do you think a foot orthese could help me walk and play golf with less pain ?

Thanks,

Jack Real.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon May 14, 2007 12:17 pm

User avatar It is quite possible that your feet may not be hitting the ground at the proper orientation. When this happens extra strain is placed on the back.

Another possibility is that you may have a slight difference in the length of your legs. It sounds strange but is relatively common. Even small differences can cause some back pain.

Orthotics for your shoes can often help alleviate these issues.

JackReal - Mon May 14, 2007 1:19 pm

Hi Dr Lowe

Thanks for the answer. I will get myself check by a doctor to verify those issues.

Thanks again.

/Jack Real.