Medical Specialty >> Orthopedics

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/01/2017.

Forum Name: Degenerative Bone Diseases

Question: TOE PAIN

Hippytrip - Fri May 18, 2007 8:00 am

I am a 24y/o female (nurse at that). The pain started back in November? In the second toe of my right foot, I thought at first my new shoes squeezed my toes together causing the soreness. So I never wore the shoes again. Soreness changed to redness & swelling which spread to my big toe & my 3 toe, then up my foot almost to my ankle. I went to the podiatrist did a round of ABX & a steroid Dose Pack, no DX. I went back several times, the Steroid relieved the pain and swelling for about 2 weeks, then it returned. Not spread all over my foot, just on my 3 toes. Since then I have developed A Swollen, red nodule on my great toe right about the middle of it. I have had 2 sets of X-Rays, an MRI, 2 CBC's & Uric Acid's, 1 ANA, CCP IGg, HLA b27, Rheumatodi Arthritis factor, Sed. Rate, & a C-Reactive Protein. EVERYTHING IS NORMAL. I am in serious pain and need help trying to a DX. I have seen 1 podiatrist, 1 bone dr, 2 rheumatologis, & 4 of the Gyno's that I work for. Everyone just says "WEIRD". Well I say PAINFUL. PLEASE ANY IDEAS WILL HELP...
 Theresa Jones, RN - Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:11 am

User avatar Hi Hippytrip,
Were any diagnostics, i.e., bone scan completed to evaluate for osteomyelitis? Have you experienced any drainage and if so was a specimen sent for culture and sensitivity?
Sincerely,
Theresa Jones, RN

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us