Medical Specialty >> Orthopedics

Forum Name: Degenerative Bone Diseases

Question: TOE PAIN

Hippytrip - Fri May 18, 2007 8:00 am

I am a 24y/o female (nurse at that). The pain started back in November? In the second toe of my right foot, I thought at first my new shoes squeezed my toes together causing the soreness. So I never wore the shoes again. Soreness changed to redness & swelling which spread to my big toe & my 3 toe, then up my foot almost to my ankle. I went to the podiatrist did a round of ABX & a steroid Dose Pack, no DX. I went back several times, the Steroid relieved the pain and swelling for about 2 weeks, then it returned. Not spread all over my foot, just on my 3 toes. Since then I have developed A Swollen, red nodule on my great toe right about the middle of it. I have had 2 sets of X-Rays, an MRI, 2 CBC's & Uric Acid's, 1 ANA, CCP IGg, HLA b27, Rheumatodi Arthritis factor, Sed. Rate, & a C-Reactive Protein. EVERYTHING IS NORMAL. I am in serious pain and need help trying to a DX. I have seen 1 podiatrist, 1 bone dr, 2 rheumatologis, & 4 of the Gyno's that I work for. Everyone just says "WEIRD". Well I say PAINFUL. PLEASE ANY IDEAS WILL HELP...
 Theresa Jones, RN - Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:11 am

User avatar Hi Hippytrip,
Were any diagnostics, i.e., bone scan completed to evaluate for osteomyelitis? Have you experienced any drainage and if so was a specimen sent for culture and sensitivity?