Medical Specialty >> Orthopedics

Question: broken foot

wendy - Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:57 pm

i broke my foot 5 weeks ago and monday the dr told me that i would need to not put weight on it for 6 more weeks - i am in a boot because i freaked out in the cast - last night i fell on that foot - on a deck that had a loose board - i did go flat down on the bad foot and then went to my knees - there is a bit of pain right now - like a burning sensation - i called my dr put have not heard back - should i make sure i get in contact with them - the bone that is broken is the one that comes from my pinkie toe and goes to my ankle - it is a long break.
i am a 40 year old active female in good health
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:38 pm

User avatar If the boot was securely in place it probably did not cause any damage. It is probably a good idea just to talk with your doctor and let them know what happened. They may want to do some imaging to make sure everything is OK just as a precaution.

However, if you experience increasing pain or other sensations you should have it evaluated sooner.