Medical Specialty >> Orthopedics

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/01/2017.

Forum Name: Bone trauma and fractures

Question: broken foot

wendy - Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:57 pm

i broke my foot 5 weeks ago and monday the dr told me that i would need to not put weight on it for 6 more weeks - i am in a boot because i freaked out in the cast - last night i fell on that foot - on a deck that had a loose board - i did go flat down on the bad foot and then went to my knees - there is a bit of pain right now - like a burning sensation - i called my dr put have not heard back - should i make sure i get in contact with them - the bone that is broken is the one that comes from my pinkie toe and goes to my ankle - it is a long break.
i am a 40 year old active female in good health
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:38 pm

User avatar If the boot was securely in place it probably did not cause any damage. It is probably a good idea just to talk with your doctor and let them know what happened. They may want to do some imaging to make sure everything is OK just as a precaution.

However, if you experience increasing pain or other sensations you should have it evaluated sooner.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us