Medical Specialty >> Orthopedics

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/01/2017.

Forum Name: Spinal problems and back pain

Question: Police Officer/Landscaper Needing Help

adamlllcl - Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:28 pm

I am a 26 year old male who had bent over at the waist, put my hands away from me to slide a boulder rock on the ground. Well, the rock didnt move but I sure did hurt my back. I had shooting lower back pain, particularly on my left lower back/buttock area. I went to the Chiropractor and he "took x-rays and had re-aligned by spine". I have been for 6 visits so far in the last 2 weeks. I am feeling better but still have aching pain in this lower back/left buttock area, especially in the morning. I believe this area is just stiff but am seeking a medical opinion. After stretching this area by doing the V sit and reach exercise and streatching my hamstring, the ache goes away until I sit for a decient period of time or relax for a long time? Any advise? Should I take an anti-inflammatory? How much longer should I expect for total pain relief? Should I continue to see the Chiropractor? Should I use Ice or BioFreeze?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:59 pm

User avatar Hi Adamlllcl,

You may have a slipped disk causing your back pain. Often these are well treated with physical therapy but they can take a long time to get better.

I would recommend you see your doctor for an evaluation to be sure nothing more severe is going on.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us