Medical Specialty >> Orthopedics

Forum Name: Osteoporosis

Question: Strange Popping Noise

Sedalia - Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:28 am

I am a 39 year old female and recently I have begun to notice an audible pop and feeling of something popping at the top of my right leg. It does not hurt, but I am afraid it might develop into something worse. What could it be?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:45 pm

User avatar Hi Sedalia,

The popping you are experiencing may be a tendon that is "tight" and is popping over a bony prominence or other structure.

Another possibility is that your joint may be catching a bit and popping.

Both of these are harmless for the most part. I would recommend you talk with your doctor about this the next time you are in and have your leg evaluated to be sure everything is OK.