Medical Specialty >> Orthopedics

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/01/2017.

Forum Name: Spinal problems and back pain

Question: crepitation & leg pain

umbrellachch - Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:34 am

Hi. I am 23 female. I injured my back but towards lumbar once so I received physio and accupuncture.
My mother has a slight scoliosis. Long time ago, I was told that the muscles around my spine were hard so I was told to do a lot of exercise. I am overweight according to BMI.

Recently, my spine especially in cervical area crepitation when I do stretching, bring two arms towards the my back. When I bring my arms forwards and wait a bit and repeat the same movement, there is a crepitation, cracking and grating sound. This has been going on for about 2-3 weeks. I sometimes get slight pain in my right leg. about 2-3 weeks ago, I somehow did something that I could move my torso towards the left side while standing because the nerve pinched my right side. Should I be worried?
 umbrellachch - Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:30 am

[quote="umbrellachch"]Hi. I am 23 female. I injured my back but towards lumbar once so I received physio and accupuncture.
My mother has a slight scoliosis. Long time ago, I was told that the muscles around my spine were hard so I was told to do a lot of exercise. I am overweight according to BMI.

Recently, my spine especially in cervical area crepitation when I do stretching, bring two arms towards the my back. When I bring my arms forwards and wait a bit and repeat the same movement, there is a crepitation, cracking and grating sound. This has been going on for about 2-3 weeks. I sometimes get slight pain in my right leg. about 2-3 weeks ago, I somehow did something that I could move my torso towards the left side while standing because the nerve pinched my right side. Should I be worried?

I have been on Isotane for about 7 months but this didn't happen before

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us