Medical Specialty >> Orthopedics

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/01/2017.

Forum Name: Spinal problems and back pain

Question: Young male with mid-right back pain

jkalex05 - Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:47 pm

Hello thanks for your time. Im a 20 year old male. 2 days ago I woke up with mid-right back pain which I thought was due to a bad matress and sleeping wrong. However the pain has persisted for 2 days. Now im starting to think its something internal. Its just a real weird pain I have never felt before. The pain is somewhat persistant with it sometimes fading off for a bit when im still. Any movement stirs it right up. I feel also very stiff when I walk. Whats weird is I don't feel it when I lay down and sleep but as soon as I get up it hurts like crazy.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:18 pm

User avatar Hi Jkalex05,

Your symptoms may be due to a pulled muscle in your back. Strained muscles can cause pain for some time. Anti-inflammatory medicines can help some.

If your pain is not starting to get better in the next few days I would recommend you see your doctor for an evaluation.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us