Medical Specialty >> Orthopedics

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/01/2017.

Forum Name: Spinal problems and back pain

Question: bone pain

idrum4uab - Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:32 pm

im a 27 year old male with a past history of crohns, no surgeries and a family history of cancer of the everything. I take no meds on a regular basis. Ive had problems with my back before but its all been come and gone. Currently it feels as though the bone is bruised around c-3 c-4, ( i cant remember from anatomy in college where to count from) the bone is painful to the touch and does not radiate any pain elsewhere although i can feel moderate stiffness in my rhomboids. What do i do to minimize if not correct the pain?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:34 pm

User avatar Hi Idrum4uab,

I would actually recommend you see a doctor to have this evaluated. When spinous processes are painful to touch there is a possibility that there is a fracture or infection setting in.

Most likely it is pain from a traumatic incident (even if you didn't notice any trauma) but it is best to be sure since these things can have complications if not properly treated.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us