Medical Specialty >> Orthopedics

Forum Name: Spinal problems and back pain

Question: bone pain

idrum4uab - Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:32 pm

im a 27 year old male with a past history of crohns, no surgeries and a family history of cancer of the everything. I take no meds on a regular basis. Ive had problems with my back before but its all been come and gone. Currently it feels as though the bone is bruised around c-3 c-4, ( i cant remember from anatomy in college where to count from) the bone is painful to the touch and does not radiate any pain elsewhere although i can feel moderate stiffness in my rhomboids. What do i do to minimize if not correct the pain?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:34 pm

User avatar Hi Idrum4uab,

I would actually recommend you see a doctor to have this evaluated. When spinous processes are painful to touch there is a possibility that there is a fracture or infection setting in.

Most likely it is pain from a traumatic incident (even if you didn't notice any trauma) but it is best to be sure since these things can have complications if not properly treated.