Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

Forum Name: Spinal problems and back pain

Question: bone pain

 idrum4uab - Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:32 pm

im a 27 year old male with a past history of crohns, no surgeries and a family history of cancer of the everything. I take no meds on a regular basis. Ive had problems with my back before but its all been come and gone. Currently it feels as though the bone is bruised around c-3 c-4, ( i cant remember from anatomy in college where to count from) the bone is painful to the touch and does not radiate any pain elsewhere although i can feel moderate stiffness in my rhomboids. What do i do to minimize if not correct the pain?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:34 pm

User avatar Hi Idrum4uab,

I would actually recommend you see a doctor to have this evaluated. When spinous processes are painful to touch there is a possibility that there is a fracture or infection setting in.

Most likely it is pain from a traumatic incident (even if you didn't notice any trauma) but it is best to be sure since these things can have complications if not properly treated.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us