Medical Specialty >> Orthopedics

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/01/2017.

Forum Name: Spinal problems and back pain

Question: shoulder bump

mama - Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:33 pm

i am 47 years old, have always worked very physical jobs, i am a female. i have a bone pain on my shoulder, right side that is very painful , the pain radiates down my right arm and i have weekness in that arm.. my daughter was rubbing some icy hot on the area and while appying pressure i felt something burst like fluid, it went all thoughout my shoulders and the whole area started to hurt, i also have a numb and tinggling in my groin area right side only. my past surgeries were c-section over 29 years ago, my father has had 4 heart surgeries, mom is fine. no real history of anykind of back problems. i have tried , motrin, tylenol, believe me ive tried everything to ease the pain nothing helps, please i cant sleep, this has been going on to long.....
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:31 pm

User avatar If I were you I would schedule an appointment with a rheumatologist. You may have some form of arthritis or tendinitis. The doctor may be able to prescribe something stronger or advise physical therapy to ease the pain.

Good luck.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us