Medical Specialty >> Orthopedics

Forum Name: Joint surgery

Question: Bunionectomy surgery

Scrubgirl - Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:54 pm

I am looking for an orthopedic surgeon in my surrounding area that is reliable and qualified to do my bunionectomy surgery. I am a little pressed for time and need it done on Christmas break when I'm out of college for a few weeks. I'm in the Surgical
Technology field and must remain on my feet for hours at a time and I need time to heal before I go back in January. I would prefer an orthopedic surgeon from either UK Medical Center in Lexington, KY, or one from UT Medical Center in Knoxville, TN. I am a 40 year old female. Shoe correction and antiinflammatorys have been unsuccessful. There is no other family history of my condition and I am in very good health. I am taking no medications at this time.

Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:21 pm

User avatar Since we are not in your country, it is difficult for us to advise on this. You should be able to call a hospital for names of surgeons or podiatrists who may be able to do this. Otherwise I would suggest you call your health plan for this information. Good luck