Medical Specialty >> Orthopedics

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/01/2017.

Forum Name: Joint surgery

Question: Bunionectomy surgery

Scrubgirl - Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:54 pm

I am looking for an orthopedic surgeon in my surrounding area that is reliable and qualified to do my bunionectomy surgery. I am a little pressed for time and need it done on Christmas break when I'm out of college for a few weeks. I'm in the Surgical
Technology field and must remain on my feet for hours at a time and I need time to heal before I go back in January. I would prefer an orthopedic surgeon from either UK Medical Center in Lexington, KY, or one from UT Medical Center in Knoxville, TN. I am a 40 year old female. Shoe correction and antiinflammatorys have been unsuccessful. There is no other family history of my condition and I am in very good health. I am taking no medications at this time.

Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:21 pm

User avatar Since we are not in your country, it is difficult for us to advise on this. You should be able to call a hospital for names of surgeons or podiatrists who may be able to do this. Otherwise I would suggest you call your health plan for this information. Good luck

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us