Medical Specialty >> Orthopedics

Question: head injury

mcloven - Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:10 pm

I am a 42 year old female taking zoloft with not major health issues. On Thurs of this week I fell and hit the back of my head on concrete. I did not pass out, did not vomit, have blurred vision or any of the things associated with a concussion. I had a bump the size of a grapefruit! However, it is Sunday and it still hurts and there is a kind of soft of squishy spot that is particularly tender. I have iced it on and off. I do not have health insurance and have done some research on line determining that there is not much they can do for head trauma. However, when should I get worried. I do not want to have tests to find out that I will just have to let it heal. Is there anything going on that if I did not six now might come back to bite me in the _ _ _. Thanks
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:43 pm

User avatar Hi Mcloven,

As you have suggested, most of these injuries will heal on their own. If the area you are feeling begins to hurt worse, if you develop fevers, or if you begin vomiting or have any changes in your mental status you should be seen right away.