Medical Specialty >> Orthopedics

Question: Knuckle on pinky finger pain...

frozenfinger - Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:05 pm

HI there, about a month ago I was hit by a softball on my pinky finger. At the time it bruised and swelled at the knuckle almost immediately. For about a week after the side of my hand from tip of my pinky to the bottom of my hand was bruised. Now it's a month later, and there is a redness, slight swelling and soreness on the palm of my hand at the pinky knuckle. It still causes discomfort to move the finger and is sore to touch. Should I have it looked at?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:59 pm

User avatar Hi Frozenfinger,

The force of a softball hitting the hand can be enough to fracture a bone. I would recommend you have this evaluated. This way, if there is a fracture, you can be sure it heals properly.