Medical Specialty >> Orthopedics

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/01/2017.

Forum Name: Spinal problems and back pain

Question: still suffering with backpain after going to chiropractor

 weav6102 - Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:47 pm

age:20 sex:female

I started to feel pain in my back in April. It started out only when I was doing laundry. Then I couldnt stand or walk for 15 minutes. I took tylenol and heat packs and nothing worked. I went to the chiropractor in September. He took xrays and confirmed that I had curvature in my lower back and a condition in which my bones didnt form the right way when I was growing. I had to go back every other day for a month (with a $20 copay which got expensive). I got my back cracked, got stretched out, and went through therapy where they put these tingly stickers and a hot pack on my back and I laid on a massage bed thing. My back felt better for a couple of days while going but it still hurt. The doctor released me at the end of September and Im back to square one. My back is still constantly hurting and I cant stand or walk without pain. I cant afford to keep going to the chiropractor. I don't know what else to do. Please help me. I want to feel 20 again.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:33 pm

User avatar You may want to consider seeing an orthopedic specialist. There are some back problems that need a different kind of doctor. You have done a lot already and yet you are still in pain. You should be able to get some answers.

Good luck.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us