Medical Specialty >> Orthopedics

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/01/2017.

Forum Name: Spinal problems and back pain

Question: pain between shoulder blade and spine

snguyen2007 - Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:51 pm

I am 45, male
i have pain under shoulder blade, x-ray show nothing. doctor ask me do some execise.
today, i feel pain between shoulder blade and spine, mild
and when i turn my head toward left side i feel pain between shoulder blade and spine.

please give me advice. should i try exercise for few week
or go back to see doctor. about six month ago. i had heartburn and P. hyroi virus. complete two week medicine and upper and endoscopy, EKG test did not show anything.

thank you
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:35 pm

User avatar Hi Snguyen2007,

Your pain sound very much like a muscular type of pain. Sometimes massage of the area can help relieve the pain. Try stretching the area slowly and gently. Sometimes warming the area up with a heating pad before stretching can help loosen the muscles to get a better stretch to the muscle.

If your pain doesn't get better I would recommend you see your doctor again.

Best wishes.
 snguyen2007 - Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:54 pm

Hi Dr Chan Lowe

I did go to chinese massage after posting the question. I fell better. I will try apply heat pad before strecthing as you suggest.

Thank you for your suggestion.

Steven Nguyen

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us