Medical Specialty >> Orthopedics

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/01/2017.

Forum Name: Bone trauma and fractures

Question: top of foot pan

 tdkling - Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:03 am

I am a 19 yr old female and I have had past drs and chiropracters tell me that my bones and toe joints are curving inward which is causing tightness and now I have pain on the top of my foot. It is located right above my third and fourth toe. It is also now going towards my ankle. I don't know if I should go in but It is very hard to walk on and everytime i step down there is a sharp pain.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:12 pm

User avatar You might consider seeing a podiatrist or orthopedic specialist. Most of the time these things can be corrected and the earlier you catch it the more likely you will be able to improve the situation.

Good luck.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us