Medical Specialty >> Orthopedics

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/01/2017.

Forum Name: Spinal problems and back pain

Question: Lower back pain to lower front abdominal

Eros - Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:34 am

Im a 43 yoa male 240 lbs with a slight degenerated disk (cat scan) and a colon colonoscopy. I have small internal hemorrhoids that usually bleed when I drink alcoholic beverages, and was prescribed Proctofoam for this condition, but it doesn't seem to work.
I now have a problem that has been occurring only when I sleep at night. I have lower back pain that travels to my lower left front quadrant just below my waistline. The pain occurs only at night when I sleep and it causes moderate pain when I try to roll over in bed. Usually I have to grab hold of the side of the bed to rollover.
I have no pain in this area during the day and can do regular activities without any signs of pain. During the summer I did remove a tanning bed that was heavier then I ever thought and had slight pain. I have no bumps or bulges that I can feel in the area and this problem happens at night only. Any Ideas what is causing the pain?
 Eros - Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:03 pm

Ok now my pain is concentrated on my lower left side below my waistline and just above my groin. The pain only occurs at night,and it feels like you are
squeezing a sponge with the tightness. I still have no pain during the day and it's not sore when i touch the area to se if I can feel any lumps.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us