Medical Specialty >> Orthopedics

Forum Name: Spinal problems and back pain

Question: severe lower left back pain

kittycatmahee - Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:42 pm

I am a 45 year old female and have fractured my C7 and my coccyx in car injuries. I have had a bone removed from my hip and fused to my C7. I am an alcoholic and have a family history of good health except the alcoholism. I am currently taking darvocet for the back pain but it is not working. I was assualted 4 days ago by another female who thought i was with her husband. she beat me pretty good. all the pain has gone away except my lower left back it is hurting so bad. i did not get an xray as I was ashamed and scared of her. I went home and laid down and it hurts so bad. I am not bleeding, i had a fever for 2 days and it does not hurt to urinate, or burn.
I am afraid to go see what is wrong with me. but it hurts so bad I can sit for an hour but I have to go lie down. the darvocet does not help. we are in middle of an ice storm in oklahoma and I can not get to a hospital or clinic what should Ido?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:31 pm

User avatar Hi Kittycatmahee,

With this degree of pain I am concerned that something severe may be going on. I would advise you to seek medical evaluation. I know ice storms are dangerous so I would recommend you go as soon as you feel you can. If your pain gets worse or you feel you are in danger you should call 911.