Medical Specialty >> Orthopedics

Question: heel foot trama

missthorn - Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:29 am

5 days ago I jumped down from a high wall and hurt the heel of my foot. I though that I had just bruised it but it swelled up.

Now it is very painful to walk on and is swollen at the ankle. There is a little bruising but not much. The rest of my foot is fine. There is no heat and I can move my ankle without a problem. I can put pressure on the ball of my foot without a problem aswell.

Do you think I should get an xray or is it just bruising that should do down?

Thank you for any advice you can give me.
 Tom Plamondon PA-C - Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:38 am

User avatar Sorry about the delay in response.

Any high impact trauma (e.g a fall from a high wall) that results in pain, swelling, loss of motion or function should be xray'd to rule out fracture.

How did things turn out with your foot?