Medical Specialty >> Orthopedics

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/01/2017.

Forum Name: Bone trauma and fractures

Question: heel foot trama

missthorn - Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:29 am

Hi,

5 days ago I jumped down from a high wall and hurt the heel of my foot. I though that I had just bruised it but it swelled up.

Now it is very painful to walk on and is swollen at the ankle. There is a little bruising but not much. The rest of my foot is fine. There is no heat and I can move my ankle without a problem. I can put pressure on the ball of my foot without a problem aswell.

Do you think I should get an xray or is it just bruising that should do down?

Thank you for any advice you can give me.
 Tom Plamondon PA-C - Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:38 am

User avatar Sorry about the delay in response.

Any high impact trauma (e.g a fall from a high wall) that results in pain, swelling, loss of motion or function should be xray'd to rule out fracture.

How did things turn out with your foot?

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us