Medical Specialty >> Orthopedics

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/01/2017.

Forum Name: Bone trauma and fractures

Question: Finger tip bone injury

bulbs - Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:50 am

I was playing sport and i hurt the tip of my index finger. It bruised along the inside and in 2 seperate parallel lines across the fingertip. once half way up the finger tip and then along the joint. I can feel a bone slightly out of place and the circulation doesnt seem to be going to the finger as much as the rest. I can bend it but it feels pressured when i do this. I cant exert any presure on it and I cant put pressure on it to touch it sideways. Have you any idea what it might be?. Its not broken I don't think but it might be out of place. Could this be correct ?
 Dr. John K Aviani - Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:36 pm

Hi how are are you? My name is Dr John K Aviani and I was reading what you wrote about your index finger. I personally do think your finger is out of place because it would be the finger bone causing the blood circulation to slow down. I think you need to get an x-ray of this and a finger brace which you can purchase at you local pharmacy. I would get this examined quickly because if the circulation stops it will damage the nerves in your finger causing you to have no sense of feel in your finger.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us