Medical Specialty >> Orthopedics

Question: Finger tip bone injury

bulbs - Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:50 am

I was playing sport and i hurt the tip of my index finger. It bruised along the inside and in 2 seperate parallel lines across the fingertip. once half way up the finger tip and then along the joint. I can feel a bone slightly out of place and the circulation doesnt seem to be going to the finger as much as the rest. I can bend it but it feels pressured when i do this. I cant exert any presure on it and I cant put pressure on it to touch it sideways. Have you any idea what it might be?. Its not broken I don't think but it might be out of place. Could this be correct ?
 Dr. John K Aviani - Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:36 pm

Hi how are are you? My name is Dr John K Aviani and I was reading what you wrote about your index finger. I personally do think your finger is out of place because it would be the finger bone causing the blood circulation to slow down. I think you need to get an x-ray of this and a finger brace which you can purchase at you local pharmacy. I would get this examined quickly because if the circulation stops it will damage the nerves in your finger causing you to have no sense of feel in your finger.