Medical Specialty >> Orthopedics

Question: fractured fibula

bmack111 - Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:16 pm

i fractured my fibula last night and went to the emergency room and had a splint put on. today the pain seems to be more steady instead of off and on (not neccessarily worse) and the splint seems to be tighter, i am keeping it elevated but can i unwrap and re-wrap it to relieve some pressure or should i let it be until my appintment with the orthopedic surgeon tomorrow afternoon.

thanks
 Tom Plamondon PA-C - Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:36 pm

Swelling after fracture is common. Loosening the splint may help with the pain. If you need help reapplying the splint, see your physician or their assistant.
Continue with the ice packs and elevation to control swelling and pain.
Take care and keep us posted.