Medical Specialty >> Orthopedics

Forum Name: Joint surgery

Question: 7 year old finger laceration very painful

zach667 - Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:19 pm

so i cut the inside of my right pinkie finger about 7 years ago i can bend up and down but not tip

its becoming very painful to the point where i cant exercise it just causes to much pain

please tell me what i should do?
 Tom Plamondon PA-C - Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:47 pm

You may find some benefit from having a physician examine the finger and take an x-ray.
It is important that the bones are aligned well, no fractures, and the joints in the fingers are not arthritic so x-ray is important.

Regarding treatment for poor range of motion and pain in a digit (non fracture), an occupational therapist can assist you in restoring normal hand and finger function.