Medical Specialty >> Orthopedics

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/01/2017.

Forum Name: Degenerative Bone Diseases

Question: Psoriatic Arthritis

PsoriaticArt - Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:24 pm

i am using humira injections bi-weekly and only meds for pain is tyenol being allergic to asprin is there any meds that will help to control pain, swelling and morning stiffness i can't take drugs such as aspirin and ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin, others) . is there anything else. or am i simple out of luck! for as it is now i simple wear out doing daily activities and have to take a break for awhile any assistance you may offer would greatly be appreciated
 Tom Plamondon PA-C - Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:23 pm

User avatar Hello,
Tramadol is a non narcotic pain medicine in a different class than NSAID or aspirin.

Also if the problem with aspirin or NSAID is gastrointestinal irritation then a topical cream like Voltaren may work. Methyl salicylate topical ointments may also help - see over the counter liniment's active ingredients for methyl salicylate.

Wintergreen essential oil also contains 85% methyl salicylate - just make sure it's therapeutic grade oil.

Lininment or oil can be messaged directly into affected joint. Adding moist heat may enhance the benefit.

Take care.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us