Medical Specialty >> Orthopedics

Forum Name: Spinal problems and back pain

Question: pain in ribs while sleeping as a result of an accident

roadsideromeo - Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:10 pm

I was met with an accident 3 month ago, now i have pain in my ribs while sleeping on the side on which i lay down,and it become difficult for me to sleep, consulted a doctor,and done my x-ray nothing found.was taking medicine prescribed by the doctor til that everything was fine but as soon i left te medicine it arises again. when i used to use warm water it gives relief for a while.but the problem still persist,don't want to use pain relief.so pls give me asuitable advice to get rid of this completly.
 Tom Plamondon PA-C - Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:19 pm

You may be suffering from an intercostal (between the ribs) sprain.
Moist heat packs and NSAIDs should help. You may also have a chiropractor, osteopath or physical therapist check the ribs themselves to correct any rib which may be out of place.