Medical Specialty >> Orthopedics

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/01/2017.

Forum Name: Bone trauma and fractures

Question: pelvis fractures

 johnson1987 - Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:38 pm

I have 2 pelvis fractures and a tailbone from 2 years ago. Now I am in a lot of pain all the time. Seen family doctors and chiropractors and they cannot help. Is there anything or anyone who can help since it was so long ago?
 Tom Plamondon PA-C - Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:14 pm

User avatar Hello,
It sounds like the bones are healed but you are suffering from chronic pain post fracture.
Two areas of treatment include pain management and physical therapy. Actually, the two co-exist in that physical therapy can help with pain control and then restore normal function.
It will be important to check hip muscle lengths and strength as well as leg length. Abnormalities in theses areas can cause chronic pain and dysfunction.

Take care.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us