Medical Specialty >> Orthopedics

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/01/2017.

Forum Name: Bone trauma and fractures

Question: fratured toes

darna - Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:24 am

hi im tina,

its been 5 weeks since my bones in my toes are broken, the doctor buddy taped my toes. how long the fractured toes heal? everyday i feel changes, now i can walk more easily than before, but in last three days i fell pain every night, it feels like cutting my fingers, it is normal? until now i didn't wash my toes because im afraid for it to get wet, is it ok? or i have to wash it? please help me... thank you
 CharlieCabo - Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:01 pm

Hi Tina,

I recently broke my toe (4 weeks ago),
I would suggest yes, keep it clean. When I broke my toe doctor told me to soak in VINEGAR. Yes Vinegar to avoid infection. But maybe that's just initially?? Wouldn't hurt though. (Im not a doctor, just a mom with a broken toe)

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us