Medical Specialty >> Orthopedics

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/01/2017.

Forum Name: Bone trauma and fractures

Question: Broken Left Scapula Treatment?

rellimdekim - Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:07 am

I fractured my left scapula and a rib on saturday and was put in a sling.. I saw an ortho's PA on monday and was told that they wanted to give it a week in a sling and xray again on next monday. I just thought I would see if I could get someone elses opinion. here is the picture.

http://cid-925b30c0791469c6.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/ouch%20halloween/rad%20shoulder1.jpg
 Tom Plamondon PA-C - Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:42 pm

User avatar Hello,
Most scapular fractures are treated non operatively and are difficult to reduced.
Sling, progressive motion and 6 weeks of time is the usual course.
Take care.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us