Forum Name: Spinal problems and back pain

Question: back pain/car accident

felicity - Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:02 pm

i was recently in a car accident and went to the emergency room due to the pain in my back and neck, they took x-rays and the doctor came and told me i have a smooshed virtabrea does anyone know what that means, is my back broken or what, please help

thank you sincerely
felicity
 drgreghaitz - Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:41 pm

User avatar It sounds like you have a compression fracture of one of the vertebral bones in your back. This type of fracture is commonly a stable fracture which will heal up on its own. Occasionally it can cause some neurological compromise. If the ER released you with no other follow-up medical recommendations, you should consider seeing a doctor of chiropractic. Chiropractic adjustments can help with car accident related back pain and many chiropractors have low-force techniques they can use with your type of injury. Dr. Haitz