Medical Specialty >> Orthopedics

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/01/2017.

Forum Name: Bone trauma and fractures

Question: Clavicle brace supprt for clavicle fracture

ashnav002 - Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:57 am

Sir exactly eleven days before i fell off from motor bike and broke my right clavicle. It is a non-displaced middle clavicle fracture. i am treated with cuff & collar support (common sling support). please advice me can i use the clavicle brace support which is strapped on both shoulders and adjusted from the back. if yes from when? thank u sir.
 Tom Plamondon PA-C - Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:18 am

User avatar Hello,

The brace should be worn for 6 weeks.
Activity level as tolerated but remember it takes 6 weeks for bone to heal.
At 6 weeks, have another x-ray to determine healing.

For specific current limitations or restrictions consult your orthopedist.

Take care.
 ashnav002 - Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:36 am

sir thanx a lot for your valuable advice, but already more than 3 weeks have passed since my clavicle fracture, do you still advice to wear the clavicle brace? my doc says its not required. pls guide me.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us