Medical Specialty >> Orthopedics

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/01/2017.

Forum Name: Bone trauma and fractures

Question: Arm fracture ?

 Michael29526 - Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:26 pm

i fell 4 weeks ago and hit my upper arm on some wood-its been sore but now it seems to hurt more and all the time, i think because i have been rubbing it trying to feel something...i think it might be question is will it get better or do i need to go have someone x ray it...i don't want it to get worse by waiting any longer...i thought it would get better...i have no insurance and i cant afford to go at all but will ifi need to-ty
 Tom Plamondon PA-C - Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:41 pm

User avatar Hello,
Pain in the upper arm lasting 4 weeks after a traumatic event would warrant not only an x-ray but also a physician evaluation to check the the arm joints and muscle function.

Take care.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us