Medical Specialty >> Orthopedics

Forum Name: Spinal problems and back pain

Question: tail-bone pain

kiny1919 - Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:35 pm

I have been suffering from pain in my coccyx for almost three years now. It has made my life miserable, I can't sit for long periods of time and whenever I sit or lie down on the bed I can't lie straight on my back and that is causing pain in my upper back as well. I have tried using doughnut pillow, orthopeadic cushions but nothing works. These days I am using a rolled up towel that I slide underneath my knees...it helps a little but I can't use it for a long time as it starts hurting my legs. I had my MRI, bone-scan and x-rays taken and the doctors said that I just had an hairline fracture (due to a fall a few years ago) that would go away by itself and theres nothing that they can do. I am 24 yrs old but living like an old person due to this pain. Can anyone please help me out?

Thanks.
 vhyne - Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:46 am

I even experiencing that kind of problem sometimes.. especially on my neck down to my legs.. the pain won't let me sleep the whole night I wonder what is this pain all about.