Medical Specialty >> Orthopedics

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/01/2017.

Forum Name: Spinal problems and back pain

Question: tail-bone pain

kiny1919 - Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:35 pm

I have been suffering from pain in my coccyx for almost three years now. It has made my life miserable, I can't sit for long periods of time and whenever I sit or lie down on the bed I can't lie straight on my back and that is causing pain in my upper back as well. I have tried using doughnut pillow, orthopeadic cushions but nothing works. These days I am using a rolled up towel that I slide underneath my knees...it helps a little but I can't use it for a long time as it starts hurting my legs. I had my MRI, bone-scan and x-rays taken and the doctors said that I just had an hairline fracture (due to a fall a few years ago) that would go away by itself and theres nothing that they can do. I am 24 yrs old but living like an old person due to this pain. Can anyone please help me out?

Thanks.
 vhyne - Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:46 am

I even experiencing that kind of problem sometimes.. especially on my neck down to my legs.. the pain won't let me sleep the whole night I wonder what is this pain all about.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us