Medical Specialty >> Orthopedics

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/01/2017.

Forum Name: Bone trauma and fractures

Question: Car accident has led to rib pain..

LibbyDenyer - Sat May 14, 2005 3:55 pm

I was recently in a bad accident, but chose not to recieve medical treatment. I was only sore and was recovering, until a week later when i fell and landed across a toilet seat ( standing on the lid when it broke) I was unable to breathe for a few minutes. Since then the pain is considerably worse and there is a large swell on one of the upper ribs just below my breast. Should I see a doctor? (no insurance) or is it just bruised and time will heal it?Deep breaths hurt, can't cough or get up and down. Please help!
 Theresa Jones, RN - Tue May 17, 2005 8:59 am

User avatar Hi LibbyDenyer,
Considering your symptoms, this warrants an evaluation. Most hospitals/clinics have programs in place that assist people whom are uninsured/underinsured that's essentially based on income and need. Inquire if one of these programs are in place at your health care facility and go for an evaluation.
Sincerely,
Rntdj

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us