Medical Specialty >> Orthopedics

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/01/2017.

Forum Name: Spinal problems and back pain

Question: Lower Back Pain

 sasha_franks - Mon May 16, 2005 8:06 pm

I have been having lower back pain for about 4 almost 5 straight months now, and my doctor is telling me that I am to young to be having back problems. I am 20 years old and a mother of two, healthy boys. I really am not sure what I have done to it, but I do know that it does hurt. There are even times when I can not get out of the bed in the mornings. If it was not for my husband I do not know what I would do. It hurts so bad that I had to take a 3 month medical leave from work, and just have recently went back. I really did not have no choice but to go back. The pain that I am expericining is so hard to explain. I have had X-Rays, MRI, and alot of medications. And the only answer that I can get is that it will work itself out, that It can't be anything to serious because I am to young, and I just don't believe that. :? Am I wrong or is that true? I know that I am in a lot of pain and all I want to know is why. So if anyone has any answers for me please fill me in. I would really appreciate it.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Thu May 19, 2005 1:48 pm

User avatar Sasha,
Certainly pain that causes you to take 3 months medical leave from work should be taken seriously. To go through the list of causes of back pain would not be very helpful. If you still need to have a list of causes, please have a look at our back pain page. If you find that you have any of those conditions mentioned in the list let me know.
I would suggest that you go to another doctor and get a second opinion and not to leave it till it gets better on its own.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us