Medical Specialty >> Orthopedics

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/01/2017.

Forum Name: Spinal problems and back pain

Question: Lower Back Pain

sasha_franks - Mon May 16, 2005 8:06 pm

I have been having lower back pain for about 4 almost 5 straight months now, and my doctor is telling me that I am to young to be having back problems. I am 20 years old and a mother of two, healthy boys. I really am not sure what I have done to it, but I do know that it does hurt. There are even times when I can not get out of the bed in the mornings. If it was not for my husband I do not know what I would do. It hurts so bad that I had to take a 3 month medical leave from work, and just have recently went back. I really did not have no choice but to go back. The pain that I am expericining is so hard to explain. I have had X-Rays, MRI, and alot of medications. And the only answer that I can get is that it will work itself out, that It can't be anything to serious because I am to young, and I just don't believe that. :? Am I wrong or is that true? I know that I am in a lot of pain and all I want to know is why. So if anyone has any answers for me please fill me in. I would really appreciate it.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Thu May 19, 2005 1:48 pm

User avatar Sasha,
Certainly pain that causes you to take 3 months medical leave from work should be taken seriously. To go through the list of causes of back pain would not be very helpful. If you still need to have a list of causes, please have a look at our back pain page. If you find that you have any of those conditions mentioned in the list let me know.
I would suggest that you go to another doctor and get a second opinion and not to leave it till it gets better on its own.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us