Medical Specialty >> Orthopedics

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/01/2017.

Forum Name: Bone trauma and fractures

Question: Broken Rib(s)???

Unlmtd261 - Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:28 am

Unfortunately my ex-boyfriend hit me a few times, and two of the times he punched me in the ribs, the first time wasn't that bad it was back in January, and I don't feel it anymore, but this last time was probably 2months ago, and I still feel the pain like it was yesterday, what can I do, and what are some things that could happen, I am too stubborn to go to the ER for xrays, even though I should!!!

Thank you!!!
 Dr. Anthony Solomon - Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:00 pm

This lingering pain after a punch 2 months ago requires a doctor's examination. Your boyfriend's behaviour represents grievious bodily harm and should be reported to prevent more serious injuries in the future. A doctor's report after examination and treatment is a useful evidence to have.

Dr Anthony Solomon
 rockyrocket - Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:00 am

I fell and broke a rib about 2 months ago. I still have alot of pain and also there is a large oblong lump right where I broke it. Question is, "can ribs be broke and dislocated at the same time?" I went to my doctor who is really a general practictionist about the lump. She said it might be a calcuim deposit which I thought sounded rediculous whit the lump so big. Any thoughts? Thank you,
rockyrocket

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us