Medical Specialty >> Orthopedics

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/01/2017.

Forum Name: Spinal problems and back pain

Question: Spinal Injury

 Paws61 - Sat Jan 03, 2004 9:55 am

Mri scan report suggests bulging C5/C6 pressing on cord. Sent to neurosurgean who looks at pictures and says normal wear and tear not pressing on spinal cord. The radiologists report dismissed. For the last 8months pain in neck physio seen privately says I have T4 injury. MRI scan only done to T1 asked for scan of all discs refused. Symptoms numbness of face, toes knees, sudden breathlessness, tacycardia, flushing of hands and feet, severe headaches. My life as stopped at 42yrs old. Any ideas on where to go next? Symptoms getting worse admittted at least 6 times to hospital. Pain to neck and back to the touch. I am getting no where with the NHS. Any ideas on how to get somebody to listen, there is a problem.
 Dr. Russell M - Sun Jan 04, 2004 8:56 am

User avatar Hi!

I see that you have been through a lot already. Virtual health online wouldn't compare with real-life clinical management. I was wondering why not recourse to consult with a different neurosurgeon?

Warm regards,

 Paws61 - Mon Jan 05, 2004 9:11 pm

Thanks for your reply Bill
Thats a very good idea, do you think it would be better going private or asking gp
 Dr. Russell M - Tue Jan 06, 2004 11:09 am

User avatar Hi!

I am not awfully thorough with the system of medicine there. But is it not necessary that the patient go through the GP to get himself/herself examined by a specialist?

Warm regards,


| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us