Medical Specialty >> Orthopedics

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/01/2017.

Forum Name: Spinal problems and back pain

Question: back pain

kourtney4u - Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:30 am

i have been having back and leg pain for the last 4 months and it is geeting worse. I have done all the alternative treatment and nothings help,my doctor doesnt want to do surgery because he says that im to young(19).what should i do?
 babygirl18 - Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:48 am

Has your doctor tested you for Scoliosis? I'm not saying that I think you may have that, but I was diagnosed with Scoliosis and I always had back and leg pain. My legs even got to the point where the upper part/outside thigh, would go numb while sleeping or laying on my sides. I am an 18 year old female, whom has had surgery to correct Scoliosis, so I don't see why your doctor would say you are too young to have surgery. Surgery was the best thing for me and it really helped me have better nights and a lot less pain. Feel free to write back if you have any other questions or comments. Take care!!
 babygirl18 - Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:49 am

Has your doctor tested you for Scoliosis? I'm not saying that I think you may have that, but I was diagnosed with Scoliosis and I always had back and leg pain. My legs even got to the point where the upper part/outside thigh, would go numb while sleeping or laying on my sides. I am an 18 year old female, whom has had surgery to correct Scoliosis, so I don't see why your doctor would say you are too young to have surgery. Surgery was the best thing for me and it really helped me have better nights and a lot less pain. Feel free to write back if you have any other questions or comments. Take care!!

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us