Medical Specialty >> Orthopedics

Forum Name: Spinal problems and back pain

Question: back pain

kourtney4u - Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:30 am

i have been having back and leg pain for the last 4 months and it is geeting worse. I have done all the alternative treatment and nothings help,my doctor doesnt want to do surgery because he says that im to young(19).what should i do?
 babygirl18 - Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:48 am

Has your doctor tested you for Scoliosis? I'm not saying that I think you may have that, but I was diagnosed with Scoliosis and I always had back and leg pain. My legs even got to the point where the upper part/outside thigh, would go numb while sleeping or laying on my sides. I am an 18 year old female, whom has had surgery to correct Scoliosis, so I don't see why your doctor would say you are too young to have surgery. Surgery was the best thing for me and it really helped me have better nights and a lot less pain. Feel free to write back if you have any other questions or comments. Take care!!
 babygirl18 - Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:49 am