Medical Specialty >> Orthopedics

Question: big toe won't heal

sore toe - Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:11 pm

I dropped a heavy object on the first metatarsal large bone of my big toe 1 year ago. I did not seek medical attention, hoping it would heal. My foot in this area daily gives me pain and depending on what shoes I wear, that area of my foot swells and throbs. I have full movement of all of my toes, and there is no discoloration unless that area swells and becomes red. What is going on with my foot, and why won't this heal? Thanks
 sore toe - Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:41 am

sore toe wrote:I dropped a heavy object on the first metatarsal large bone of my big toe 1 year ago. I did not seek medical attention, hoping it would heal. My foot in this area daily gives me pain and depending on what shoes I wear, that area of my foot swells and throbs. I have full movement of all of my toes, and there is no discoloration unless that area swells and becomes red. What is going on with my foot, and why won't this heal? Thanks