Medical Specialty >> Orthopedics

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/01/2017.

Forum Name: Spinal problems and back pain

Question: can't touch toes, not even close

lilysuzanne - Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:53 pm

my 19 year old son can onlybend far enough so hands are about six inches from ankle. He said he was always like this in elementary school, is there a problem?
 babygirl18 - Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:44 am

Hi, I read your post and I have only one question for you... Has your son been tested for Scoliosis? I myself have been diagnosed with Scoliosis and I have never been able to touch my toes. I'm an 18 year old female and I am reaching out to those who may have Scoliosis. Please feel free to write back if you have any addition questions. I'm not saying that I think your son definitely has Scoliosis, but I do want to put it out there that Scoliosis may be what is causing your son to not be able to bend that far. I hope this has helped in some way. Take care!

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us