Medical Specialty >> Orthopedics

Forum Name: Bone infections

Question: Foot "hard to heal" infection

will25 - Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:52 am

Hi to everyone.

I have had last June, a car accident and by this I have broken, like an "explosion", my right foot.
Following this episode, I have had an hearth attack, and i was been in a cardiologic inthensive therapy for a week.
In all this period, my foot was been forgotten by medical equipe, and it has gone to cancrena.

Thanks to an iperbaric therapy, i was able to heal the most of this infection, but a little part still remains.

Now, in october, i gotta have a surgery. but i cant have it until I fix my foot infection problems.

My question is, how I could heal this infection? Where I gotta go to fix my problem? To which doctor? to which specialized centre?

I notice you that I'm from Italy, but I'm preparred to go everywhere in the world to be healed.

Thanks to everyone.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:17 am

User avatar Hi will25,
An orthopedic specialist or podiatrist specializes in these particular bone disorders and should be able to assist you in your endeavor.