Medical Specialty >> Pediatrics

Doctors Lounge - Pediatrics Answers

Back to Pediatrics Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 9/9/2017.

Forum Name: Pediatric Topics

Question: 10 year old with c1q nerphopathy

pamylatt - Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:12 am

On a lab test cbc with diff the neutrophil% was low at 36.9 where normal was shown to be 45 to 69
and eosinophil% was high where normal was shown to be 0.90 to 5
and the number of neutrophil was low at 1.7 where normal was shown to be 2.20 to 4.80
and the number of eosinophil was high at 0.3 where normal is 0 to 0.20
and i would like to know if this needs further evaluation and what kind thank you for any information on this
 Dr. Heba Ismail - Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:02 am

If this child is taking therapy for nephropathy, it may lower his neutrophil count.
Also, an elevated esinophil count may be seen with nephropathy.
I suggest you just follow up these values regularly.
 pamylatt - Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:05 pm

This child is not receiving any therpy and his kidney function is monitored every 6 months
 Dr. Heba Ismail - Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:20 pm

Then I would suggest a follow-up CBC after 1 week, provided there is no infection.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us