Medical Specialty >> Pediatrics

Doctors Lounge - Pediatrics Answers

Back to Pediatrics Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 9/9/2017.

Forum Name: Pediatric Topics

Question: my 6 yr old daughter is grieving,i don't no how to help

 tinkerbelle - Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:07 am

my 6 yer old daughter lost her auntie which she was very close to in may this year.I have tryed to look on here to see if there are any more messages like this but its all about physical not mental. She first complain of a belly ache which used to wake her up at night and after taken her to the doctors 5 times they cant find anything wrong.she has now stopped with the belly ache and now has started sleep walking and urinating in her bedroom. to make things worst she doesnt see her nan no more the mother of her auntie or her grandad they have totally blanked her and she doesnt see her dad. she asks me questions like what her auntie looks like and she has expressed she is worried about her.I try to tell her she is a pretty angel and she is ok and my grandad is looking after her but this don't seem to help. Please could i have some advise as i havent the slightest idea how to help her.
 mol5896 - Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:24 pm

You should take her to someone who specializes in childhood phycology. Greiving in a small child or anyone for that matter can bring on physical symptoms. My cousin took on physical illnessess after my granfather had passed away. We kept taking her to the E.R with chest pains and after a series of test they said it was caused by stress. Someone who specializes in counciling children will definetly know how to better help her.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us