Medical Specialty >> Pediatrics

Question: 5 1/2 yr old daughter has defined lump in chest

tyler7784 - Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:29 am

My five year old daughter has a lump in her chest (under the nipple) that is sore and definitely a lump. I am leaving to be out of town for a few days and wonder if I need to cancel the trip and take her immediately to the Doctor. Please advise. Thank you!
 spongebobkids - Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:54 pm

As a mom not a doctor or nurse could she have gotten hit in that area, is there any bruising? If not I would have it checked before leaving town you may not have to cancel your trip but maybe just postpone it a bit
 Dr. Heba Ismail - Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:19 pm

Dear tyler7784,
I agree that it's best if you seek medical evaluation before you leave. It could be a hematoma or abscess requiring immediate intervention or therapy.
It could also be a benign collection of fibrous tissue known as a 'fibroadenoma', but that is more common in older girls.
 NikkyLeClair - Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:42 am

Has she been sick? Maybe a lymph node?