Medical Specialty >> Pediatrics

Doctors Lounge - Pediatrics Answers

Back to Pediatrics Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 9/9/2017.

Forum Name: Pediatric Topics

Question: 5 1/2 yr old daughter has defined lump in chest

tyler7784 - Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:29 am

My five year old daughter has a lump in her chest (under the nipple) that is sore and definitely a lump. I am leaving to be out of town for a few days and wonder if I need to cancel the trip and take her immediately to the Doctor. Please advise. Thank you!
 spongebobkids - Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:54 pm

As a mom not a doctor or nurse could she have gotten hit in that area, is there any bruising? If not I would have it checked before leaving town you may not have to cancel your trip but maybe just postpone it a bit
 Dr. Heba Ismail - Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:19 pm

Dear tyler7784,
I agree that it's best if you seek medical evaluation before you leave. It could be a hematoma or abscess requiring immediate intervention or therapy.
It could also be a benign collection of fibrous tissue known as a 'fibroadenoma', but that is more common in older girls.
 NikkyLeClair - Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:42 am

Has she been sick? Maybe a lymph node?

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us