Medical Specialty >> Pediatrics

Doctors Lounge - Pediatrics Answers

Back to Pediatrics Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 9/9/2017.

Forum Name: Pediatric Topics

Question: Found lump on son's penis

 Rozz - Sun Feb 19, 2006 2:12 pm

I was wondering if anyone knew anything about lumps occuring on the penis??

My son is 3 years old and I just noticed a hard lump on the side of his penis underneath the skin. He has no medical history, has been extremely healthy (other than the odd ear infection).

Does anyone know what this could possibly be?!! I would appreciate any advice.

 MichelleRNC - Thu May 18, 2006 9:02 am

Any " hard lump" on the skin in my opinion needs to be seen. Was your son circumsized? Has he been seen by the doctor yet? If he was what were you told. Were you referred to a pediatric urologist or dermatologist?

Your conclusion may comfort another mother also searching for answers.

It is so difficult to give advise on skin related issues with out examining them first. Some need to be treated, and others don't.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us