Medical Specialty >> Pediatrics

Question: 8 year old son's penis size

happymother760 - Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:06 pm

I'm the mother of an 8 year old son and I still occasionally bathe him. I've noticed his penis is very small (about 1/2 inch flaccid). Does anyone know what the average length of a child around that age is supposed to be? I know it varies, but I'm sure there is some average. I do not believe my son's size is normal because my sister's 3 year old son's penis is larger than my son's and I'm worried. My son is not circumcised.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:28 am

User avatar Hi happymother760,
There may be a significant variation in penis size particularly related to the stage of sexual development. Below is a link regarding the subject and be sure to discuss this with your child's physician to assure there is no underlying abnormalities etc.. I am sure if there is reason for concern then it will be stated at that time. Please do not take offense to this question but does you son appear uncomfortable with you bathing him because this would be typical at that age.
Click here!